Day 84

I haven't been able to use my personal bank card, so far I've just been using the mission card. I'm doing fine but it'd be nice to have the backup.
When I try to use it I get a message "not permitted" (não permitido)


I'm sure I'm using the right pin (-----). Tried it at different times during the past several weeks but kept forgetting to send this in the email.


---


Brief note: In Brasil, military service is universal for male adults, at least in theory. Some don't end up serving.


My companion is 22 years old and has already served the full 1 year mandated, himself serving specifically as an army mechanic. Apparently, opinion is split in some places on whether to continue with the system.


It partly explains why so many brasilians leave on missions much later than 18 or 19 years.


Been a busy week (and even a packed p-day) so I have limited time. We write home at an internet cafe that's usually crowded.  


Excited for Mother's Day, but unfortunately I'll only know when the call will be possible on the day itself. Really not sure exactly what will happen, only that it's a skype call and we'll be doing it at someone's house (actually investigators with family members who are members).

Send more pictures!


I'm trying to find the correct camera charger later today. There's an electronics\office store nearby.


Until next week, know I'm safe, sound, and happy.

- Elder Hopkinson









Comments

Popular Posts